The format, texas scramble, is perfect for the occasion. It allows all players to spend the day within a few shots of par and is very forgiving for any poor shots that might occur after the long winter. Playing from someone else's drive allows you to see parts of the course that you do not normally visit and hit shots which you dont normally hit. It's a lot of fun! One important aspect of the day is that it mixes up the members and has a real social aspect to it, promoting the formation of new friendships between the members. It helps to build our golf club.
It was a real pleasure to play with Ari Selvenius, Sini-Marja Sjöblom and Maarit Marjamäki today. We were not the winners, but it was great fun to play as a team and everyone contributed some important shots.
My congratulations to the winning team - Arto Kuuluvainen, Seppo Luola, Henri Lahdenperä and Reijo Muhonen. In addition to their liquid prizes (thanks to our sponsor Fondberg) and the honour of winning the Avajaiskisa, they also share the early lead in the season long Kytäjä Club Tour order of merit.
This weekend also signifies the start of a number of other competitive activities at Kytäjä. The kuukausikilpailu, the mens eclectic and the ladies eclectic are all now under way and the entry lists are open for our six matchplay competitions (entries to the caddiemaster before 31.5.2013).
Those matchplay competitions are...
- Seuran reikäpelimestaruus - individual scratch matchplay from the back tees
- Miesten tasoituksellinen reikäpeli - individual matchplay for men, with full handicap allowance, from the 55 tees
- Naisten tasoituksellinen reikäpeli - individual matchplay for ladies, with full handicap allowance, from the 49 tees
- Seniorien tasoituksellinen reikäpeli - individual matchplay for seniors (men and ladies playing in the same series), with full handicap allowance, from the 55 tees (men) and 9 tees (ladies)
- Reikäpeli Cup - mixed foursomes matchplay - teams of two players (one male, one female), playing alternate shots with the same ball, against another team
- Nelipallo Cup - fourball matchplay - teams of two players, each playing their own ball, playing against another team of two players, with the best score for each team counting on each hole
I hope that many of you will join these competitions!